The Wheel of Time is turning and another busy Summer season is winding down as we move towards the Autumn Equinox and BALANCE.
The Autumn always speaks to me of slowing down, being mindful and returning to a balance. We always think about Dec 31st as the time to look back at the whole year of our lives; what we have done, accomplished, experienced.
But to me there is something really special about September that asks me to stop, take a breath……and begs my attention to look back at the “seeds” that were planted and the ones that I now “harvest”.
Intuitively you may also feel the “pull” at this time of the year.
Did you also know that Autumn 🍂 is the season of grief and sadness as we have to let go of the summer warmth and light.
But it is also a season representing courage; knowing that the wheel always turns as we face the darkness coming because light will triumph.
This too shall pass…
The Autumn Equinox is the time for us to be mindful that day and lean into the energy so that we may find balance before the scale tips again.
To my readers who have children going back to school, September right now may feel like anything BUT Balanced! But trust me, it will come. Life isn’t about achieving perfection. It’s about finding the comfortable balance. Balance is something we will create.
There will be days and weeks that will seem so easy where your life is just about going with the flow and then other days the hectic train rolls into town and you’re thrown off kilter!!
Don’t get down on yourself if you have trouble figuring out what your comfortable balance is or how to get it.
* Remember cupcakes vs the gym*…it’s all good.
The Equinox is coming and it screams BALANCE! Plus, I’m here to help you too!
The Autumn Equinox this year lands on Thursday September 22nd and I am really looking forward to celebrating this time of year and I hope you are too!
This is the perfect day to embrace the season and help you honour the balance your Soul is craving right now.
So what should you do? Well I just happen to have some recommendations. :).
1) Make a Gratitude List~ The autumnal equinox is a time of harvest. Make a list of everything you are thankful for as a way of reaping your inner harvest. Better yet, start a gratitude journal. Gratitude brings abundance. You can start with things like a roof over my head, great friends, food in my fridge, people who love me…
2) Have a Campfire~ I definitely plan on doing this! (please, please let the weather cooperate!) If you have access to a fire pit, invite some friends over for the celebration. Or choose to have a quiet introspective one for yourself.
3)Restore Balance in the Home~ Restore balance in the home by doing a fall deep cleaning. Get rid of anything that you no longer need to make space for the new season. It’s also a GREAT time to consider switching to non-chemical cleaning products. I use a FANTASTIC all purpose, effective and non-toxic cleaner that works like a charm and smells amazing. Ask me!
4)Decorate with Fall Decor~September is my second favourite month to decorate the house with fun festive stuff! Bringing the “outside-in” is a beautiful way to honour the season and make your space welcoming and cozy.
5)Begin Something New~Solstices and equinoxes are a great time to let go of the old and begin anew. As the temperatures begin to cool and people begin to spend more time indoors, it is a great time to begin a new project.
- Make a list of everything you’ve been wanting to do.
- Pick your top three choices
6) Visit a Local Orchard~ How about picking up some apples and making some Apple Crisp. Cooking a festive Fall inspired meal is also a great way to honour the season.
Welcome September! And thank you for allowing me to find my balance once again.