I am a huge fan of using the Energies around Full Moons and the New Moons to help shift things in my life. Not only are they easy to do, but I think they’re fun and you feel like you are reconnecting with that ancient part of your soul.
Use the energies surrounding a Full Moon to help you release any negative energies, toxic thoughts or relationships, stagnant areas of your life and anything that you feel needs clearing out. Release what is no longer for your highest good.
This is a very simple ritual I’ve created you can use during a Full Moon.
All you need is a smudge stick, a candle, and a piece of paper to write on. I have included incorporating Reiki into this ritual for those of you attuned, but it isn’t necessary. Reiki just adds to the power of everything we do.
Find an area where you won’t be disturbed and you can see the moon. Ideally it’s best to sit outside but as I write this in January, it’s not an option right now! Try your best to see the moon from somewhere inside.
Write 2-10 things you wish to release. Use the phrase “I RELEASE…..” and be sure to capitalize them.
If you are attuned in Reiki, draw the Cho Ku Rei on all 4 corners of your paper to seal the energy. If you are attuned with Dai Ko Myo, draw a big DKM on paper with your finger so it’s invisible. Draw the Sei He Ki with your hand to heal mental and emotional issues. Use the distance healing symbol to connect with the energy of the Moon.
Here are some things I like to say;
I RELEASE any and all blockages that are stopping me from growing and progressing from my body, mind, aura; across all lifes, space, time and dimensions.
I RELEASE all negativity attached to my body, mind, soul and aura across lives, dimensions and times.
I RELEASE all karmic vows and promises I might have taken intentionally or unintentionally which blocks me from achieving my goals and happy life from my body, mind, soul, aura across lives, space, dimension and times.
Add to these with whatever else you want to release. Choose your candle colour.
Color – Select the candle color depending on the blockage you want to release:
- Red – Passion, sexuality, health, willpower
- Orange – Ambition, attraction, clear thinking, success, justice
- Yellow – Creativity, clairvoyance, confidence, harmony
- Pink – Love, passion, togetherness, friendship
- Purple – Ward off evil, psychic abilities, spirituality, protection, business protection, heal chronic diseases, success, meditation
- Indigo – Ward off black magic, karmic issues, spirit communication, meditation
- Green – Money, fidelity, luck, abundance, marriage
- Light Blue – Patience, psychic awareness, depression, opportunity
- Dark Blue – Truth, fidelity, meditation, inspiration
- Gold – Creativity, meditation, removes negativity, luck, fortune, intuition, power
- Silver – Remove negativity, remove evil effects, increase intuition
- Black – Ward off negativity and negative thoughts, removes black magic and dark forces, ending, closing of doors, truth, protection
- White – Protection, cleansing, healing, purity, communication with guides, clear vision, meditation, exorcism, clairvoyance, peace, spiritual power, connect with moon energy.
Light your candle. Take a few deep breaths and connect with the moon energy. Read the paper with your RELEASE statements out loud.
Do not blow out your candle. Let it burn down. You can stare at the flame for as long as you want and use this time for a meditation.
Trust that all of your statements have been released and you are free of all blockages and stagnant energies.
Step 4 (optional)
Now I’m a big fan of burning things on the Full Moon. 🙂 Having a campfire is the best during a Full moon or if you have a fire place or even a burning pot, then by all means burn the paper with your release statements.
With Love and Light